Friday, February 11, 2022

Step 3 of final project

Film location

 

if the fake blood ends up staining the ground were going to be in so much trouble. 
The film locations we have decided to film the opening at Coconut Creek High School's parking lot.
The reason why we choose this location is because I think that this is the only location we can use that doesn't require asking our parent's permission to take us to a parking lot at night, honestly I would be concern too if my kid ask me to drive them to a random parking at night with their friends. 
Then again we have to use fake blood and depending on how we use the fake blood we might have to get some of the ground. We might end up having to clean up the fake blood with soap and water :,)



Who will be in our opening?

The actors in our seen will be us. I don't think I know the full reason, but I know that part of the reason is so we don't have to go through the awkwardness of asking people to be in our opening. Besides it's much easier to have the actor be one of us so we could sort of get it the way we want to? I don't exactly know how to describe it. Also there are only to be like two characters on screen anyways besides the feet of the officers, we already had an idea on who will play the girl that gets murdered since we were working on stage 1. I think at some point my group decided that I would play the stalker? I'm not 100% if they were serious or were just spit-balling ideas.



What will our film be like?

Sadly I couldn't really find any good examples for what the opening will be like, so I'm going to say that the opening scene is going to a be a little bit like Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel. Since that was technically the only film with it's opening as a crime scene that I could find, but the film should feel more mysterious and suspenseful, making the audience at the edge of their seats for more.  


Sounds of the opening

We were just going to use sound effects we found online, I think some sounds such as walking/footsteps are going to be in-camera.



Storyboard

Unfortunately since at this time my group and I have been focusing out class time on the shot by shot I don't have any screenshots of storyboards shots. (sorry) 
So far we decided to split the work between us with the storyboard shots, for example one person will do shots 1-4 and another will do shots 5-9 etc. For my shots I want them to look simply and to be more like a sketch when I draw. 


Shooting schedule

So... we might have to postpone some of the shooting to the week of the 21st due to the member who plays the most important character of the opening not being here until that weekCome to think of it, we can't start shooting the shots without them since the character they're playing is literally in every shot.
 We might have to shot the shoots that we meant to be at night early in the mourning, like it's still dark early in the mourning. The only problem with this is that I can't be there early, since my bus normally gets to school after the bell rings or like 2 minutes before the bell rings. The daytime shots should be easy since all we have to do is ask Ms. Landis is we can go outside to shoot.  



What tech we need

Maybe something for lighting and fake blood. I know it's not tech but we need it and will get it. We'll be using our phones to record and edit in class hopefully. I'm also hoping we might not need to ask the officers on campus to turn their lights on for our shots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final product